FCCS can provide financial assistance and supplement existing programs for the elderly when governmental or grant funds are insufficient or unavailable. Examples include, but are not limited to:

  • dental needs not provided by medical assistance
  • hearing aids
  • cost of prescriptions on a short-term basis
  • eye exams
  • glasses
  • short-term emergency home care
  • prostheses for the physically handicapped
  • specialized transportation for medical treatment purposes
  • utility assistance


Referrals for assistance may be made by anyone. To be considered for assistance, the individual must complete an application (which can be found below); there must be no other source of assistance available to them.

If someone you know (aged 60-plus) is in need of assistance, please refer them to FCCS through the following Calvert County agency:

Office on Aging (OOA)
(410) 535-4606

You can also complete an application and mail it directly to the address listed below:

Application for Assistance

Click on the appropriate link below:

Application for Assistance (PDF) | (MS Word Doc)

Print the form, complete it and mail to:

Friends of Calvert County Seniors, Inc.
P.O. Box 925
Prince Frederick, MD 20678